Welcome to the Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida (CILNWF)
Gala Celebration of Gratitude and Community Recognition. For Tickets For Sponsorships
In 2022, the CIL of Northwest Florida will celebrate our 42nd year of providing people with resources which empower then toward reaching their desired potential. In addition we will celebrate the 32 year anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). There’s never been a more important time for you to be engage with such an essential cause. Reserve your seats now and become a sponsor or email email@example.com or call 850-595-5566.We would be grateful if you would consider sponsoring our “Gala of Gratitude” through a financial sponsorship or by contributing to our auction and/or drawings. Auction Item Donation Packet
Our Organizational Mission, Vision, Values, Philosophy, and Goals
CILNWF promotes, educates, facilitates, assists, and advocates with and on behalf of people with disabilities in partnership with their communities to achieve their goals for independence.
CILNWF envisions a world where people with disabilities have freedom, choice, and control over all aspects of their lives so they can fully and equally participate in society.
- Dignity and Respect
- Ethics and Integrity
- Our Center assists persons with disabilities and caregivers to establish lives of independence. We believe that persons with disabilities deserve the same opportunities for independence which are available to every American. Independent Living is having the right and the opportunity for individuals to pursue their lives based on the freedom of choice.
- It is having the freedom to succeed or fail, to learn from one’s failures, and to be supported in those efforts, regardless of the outcome. Empowerment (personal power) gives individuals control over their choices and their lives.
- We believe that persons with disabilities and caregivers are themselves qualified to assist others in identifying and acquiring the services necessary to overcome barriers, whether architectural, systemic or attitudinal.
- Our staff and Board of Directors offer life experience in dealing with barriers to independence and represent a wide range of disabilities. In addition, we value collaboration with representatives from disability related groups to help determine and evaluate the kinds of services our Center offers, and which services and programs we advocate for in the community.
- To expand and promote inclusive community opportunities for consumers with the variety and quality that are available to the general public.
- To use consumer input as the basis for planning and provision of services.
- To promote our mission through advocacy, education and services.
- To promote barrier removal, advocacy, self-help, peer role models and peer counseling.
- To offer a wide variety of services. Five core services are essential to assist and support efforts of people with disabilities to live independently. They are: Information and referral, Independent living skills, training, peer counseling, advocacy and transition services.
We provide programs, services, and opportunities in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, and Walton Counties.
As the situation with the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, CIL of Northwest Florida is committed to developing ways to provide services for people with disabilities in the safest, most efficient manner possible.
Our Organization wants to make sure you are always up-to-date on what our organization does and supports each week. Please explore our most current newsletters and all our past ones. We are here to serve!
Come check out the current and archived webinars presented by the staff of CIL of Northwest Florida. Our library contains different webinars for all interests and needs in our community.
What We Have to Offer!
- Advocacy Services
- Information and Referral
- Independent Living Skills
- Peer Mentors
- Community Transition