Development Specialist: The VISTA CAP (Community Alignment Project) is a group of nonprofit partner agencies in Escambia County, Florida that have committed to identifying and implementing capacity building measures that improve the lives of those in poverty. The mission of VISTA CAP is to stabilize the health and financial stability of families in our community who struggle to overcome deficits in education and opportunity. United Way of West Florida works directly with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to place AmeriCorps VISTA members at VISTA CAP partner agencies to fulfill this mission. One of the seven nonprofit partner agencies is the Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida (CILNWF). CILNWF is a community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential, private, nonprofit agency. It is designed and operated within our local community by individuals with and without disabilities whose purpose it is to operate independent living programs. Its efforts maximize leadership, empowerment, independence, and integration for people with significant disabilities as they define their goals for independent living.
The Development Support Specialist VISTA (DSSV) will work closely with the Independent Living Specialists and other staff to increase organizational capacity by assisting with community relationship-building and funding development. The DSSV will serve as a positive ambassador and representative for the organization and will work onsite at CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF) as well as off-site with staff members and partner agencies. The DSSV will report directly to the Office/Fiscal Manager, but will also cooperate regularly with the Executive Director, other staff, and key personnel at partner organizations to ensure the success of all programs. MORE Information and how to apply
TITLE: Associate Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PURPOSE: The Associate Director will provide support to the Executive Director to carry out the CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF) mission. The Associate Director will also support direct staff in providing IL services in the 4 counties we serve. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong personal skills, excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and a proven track record in developing programs, securing funding and developing leadership with staff. Candidate must also have the desire to empower people with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Support the Executive Director with securing funding for the organization through grant writing, negotiating contracts, and/or fundraising.
2. Assist with managing staff and provide guidance to direct staff to be able to provide effective IL services to participants.
3. Assist with writing annual performance reports to submit to funders.
4. Build and maintain relationships with the community to establish funding opportunities and create more visibility.
5. Document work/activities in agency database to remain compliant with funder and contracts.
6. Provide training to new employees, interns, and volunteers.
7. Provide emergency management and facilitate operations across our service area in regards to consumer needs and well being.
8. Conduct systems advocacy as opportunities arise and/or represent CILNWF on various disability related committees.
9. Develop and implement programs to expand services.
10. Draft and submit billing monthly for fee-for-service programs.
11. Other duties assigned.
· BA degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or a related field. MSW or other related master’s degree is preferred.
· At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
· Experience working at a Center for Independent Living is a plus.
· Strong personable and communications skills.
· Experience in social service program development and leadership development.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases, including but not limited to WORD, EXCEL, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to become proficient in using the CILNWF client database and any other software programs needed to perform job duties.
· Knowledge of ADA regulations is a plus.
· Experience living with a disability is a plus. Fluent in ASL is a plus.
· Must be able to pass a Level II background screening.
· Must have reliable transportion. Travel throughout four county region is required for this position.
STATUS: This is a full-time exempt position, 40 hours a week minimum. Benefit package included.
SALARY: Depending on qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates must submit a letter of interest, three professional references, resume and salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resume for Associate Director’ to be considered for this position. Position will remain open until filled. Appropriate candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls.
CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF) has partnered with Workforce Escarosa to become a worksite employer for the Community Work Experience Program (CWEP) an equal access employment program for people with or without disabilities. Escarosa will provide eligible participants for on the job training at CILNWF in which they can gain hands on work experience to prepare them for transition into employment at CILNWF or with other employers. The participants will be evaluated on Job Performance, Personal Grooming, Attendance and Punctuality, Attitude, ability to be a Team Player and will receive training on disability awareness and sensitivity. They may also be provided a written letter of reference to take with them for future job interviews. Participants are provided financial assistance and may also be eligible for CWEP childcare, transportation and other work-related expenses to the extent funding for the program is available.
For more information, contact George Heard, Workforce Escarosa Community Work Force Representative at 850-607-8812.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) will start offering Job Retention Services: VR has made the decision to provide job retention services to eligible individuals, regardless of order of selection, who require specific services or equipment to keep their job. This new option was created by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). VR discussed this service option with the state rehabilitation council, and public input was received. VR is currently making necessary changes to field procedures and tracking systems so we can deliver these services. For more information to find an office near you: (http://www.rehabworks.org/)
If you are an employer and hire people with disabilities, please send information to email@example.com and we will post on our website.