TITLE: ADVOCACY/OUTREACH COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida, Inc. dba CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF) is searching for an experienced Advocacy/Outreach Coordinator to lead and develop advocacy activities in the four-county area of Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties. The main office is located in Pensacola, Florida.
The purpose of this position is to assist people with disabilities in both system and individual advocacy issues covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provide Peer Counseling to consumers. The incumbent develops strategies and alliances with State and Federal elected officials, city/county government agencies and others to promote all titles of the ADA. This position requires considerable judgment, and independent decision-making. The incumbent will survey buildings, parking spaces, offices and any other structure using the ADA and Florida Building Codes. Meet with consumers and establish goals and objectives to live independently. Must be able to provide own transportation and travel extensively, with or without accommodation to perform essential functions, throughout Northwest Florida.
CILNWF is a consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential private non-profit agency that is designed and operated within a local community by individuals with disabilities. Fifty-one percent (51%) of the Board of Directors, staff and decision- making/management staff are persons with significant disabilities.
CILNWF provides 5 core services: individual and systems advocacy; information and referral; independent living skills training; peer counseling; and transition services.
Five years of disability experience and/or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an Independent Living (IL)-related field is preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates must submit a letter of interest, three professional references, resume and salary expectations by email to email@example.com with subject “Resume for Advocacy/Outreach Coordinator” to be considered for this position. Rolling interviews will begin upon receipt of qualified applicants. No phone calls please.
Independent Living/Intake Specialist (Full-Time)
This position is located at the Center for Independent Living (CIL) of Northwest Florida, Inc. The purpose of this position is to assist people with disabilities by providing information about community resources and facilitate the intake process for CILNWF services. The IL/Intake Specialist will answer telephones and/or greet walk-in consumers and provide needs assessments to determine whether CILNWF services or referrals to outside agencies is the most appropriate option. The incumbent will seek out and attend community fairs and interagency meetings in our service area to develop relationships and build community resource alliances, and to facilitate maintenance of a referral database.
- Provides Information and Referral Services with follow up call.
- Develop and maintain the Referral Contacts module in the consumer database system (CIL Suite).
- Initiate outreach efforts to minority/ethnic populations, by attending minority/ethnic cultural events and networking with indigenous minority community leaders
- Attend training to stay current on matters regarding disability as it relates to housing, transit, assistive technology and health concerns.
- Comply with and refer to the Personnel Policy Manual, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Landrum Employee Handbook for
- Submits articles for Newsletter and assists with the Newsletter, Brochures, PSA’s, Fundraising, etc. Also, submits clipping, film recording, articles, or
- Notify the Executive Director of any situation that may have a negative impact on the CIL.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Must have 3 years’ experience with disability.
- Must have good communication
- Must have excellent writing
APPLY: Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates must submit a letter of interest, three professional references, resume and salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resume for Independent Living/Intake Specialist (Full-Time)” to be considered for this position. Position will remain open until filled. Appropriate candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls.
VISTA ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION (VAD):
Title: Marketing Support Specialist
This assignment is located at the Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida, Inc., dba CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF). The purpose of this assignment is to conduct community capacity-building activities that are designed to support and/or facilitate access to services and resources that contribute to the improved economic well-being and security of economically disadvantaged people with disabilities in Escambia County.
Located at the Center for Independent Living of Northwest Florida, Inc., dba CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF). The purpose of this assignment is to conduct community capacity-building activities that are designed to expand our reach through brand recognition and marketing strategies. This will facilitate access to services and resources that contribute to the improved economic well-being and security of economically disadvantaged people with disabilities in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties.
Primary Focus: Capacity Building
Secondary Focus: Sustainability
Goal of the Project: Expand the organization capacity of CILNWF by 1) embracing change in pursuit of rebranding the organization with brand identity through research and identification of marketing options and opportunities, and 2) increase awareness of CILNWF through local collaborations and outreach 3) Develop CILNWF marketing materials to allow for sponsored or co-sponsored events related to the primary focus of capacity building.
Objective of the Assignment: Enhance the existing CILNWF independent living presence to create a new footprint for the center and identify new marketing ideas, including resources that can be leveraged through community partnerships; develop a database of current press contacts and other potential marketing sources and partners.
Specific Activities and Duties
1. Learn about CILNWF, the community it serves and its funding sources and processes.
2. Brainstorm with CILNWF Director and Supervisor on additional strategies that could be effective and implement approved changes.
3. Research and identify marketing opportunities for CILNWF and assist with transformation of brand identity.
4. Develop a database of current press contacts, advertising opportunities and other potential marketing sources and partners.
5. Report progress and results to Supervisor at least weekly.
1. Research and identify recurring marketing placements in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties.
2. Develop CILNWF sponsorship or co-sponsorship materials for activities/events related to primary focus area of outreach and capacity building:
a. Assist with development of materials to support the mission of the center
b. Send out announcements, invitations, and marketing materials to participants through Facebook, Eventbrite or constant contact
3. Report progress and/or marketing survey results to Supervisor at least weekly.
1. Competent in use of various technologies, including CRM (Hubspot), Microsoft Office, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), and newsletters.
2. Event Planning and organizing.
3. Ability to create marketing materials to promote services, activities, events and fundraisers.
4. Innovative and creative.
5. Excellent writing and communication skills.
6. Flexible, professional and team player who can also accomplish tasks independently.
TO APPLY: Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates must submit a letter of interest, three professional references, resume and salary expectations by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Resume for Marketing Support Specialist’ to be considered for this position. Position will remain open until filled. Appropriate candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls.
CIL of Northwest Florida (CILNWF) has partnered with Workforce Escarosa to become a worksite employer for the Community Work Experience Program (CWEP) an equal access employment program for people with or without disabilities. Escarosa will provide eligible participants for on the job training at CILNWF in which they can gain hands on work experience to prepare them for transition into employment at CILNWF or with other employers. The participants will be evaluated on Job Performance, Personal Grooming, Attendance and Punctuality, Attitude, ability to be a Team Player and will receive training on disability awareness and sensitivity. They may also be provided a written letter of reference to take with them for future job interviews. Participants are provided financial assistance and may also be eligible for CWEP childcare, transportation and other work-related expenses to the extent funding for the program is available.
For more information, contact George Heard, Workforce Escarosa Community Work Force Representative at 850-607-8812.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) will start offering Job Retention Services: VR has made the decision to provide job retention services to eligible individuals, regardless of order of selection, who require specific services or equipment to keep their job. This new option was created by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). VR discussed this service option with the state rehabilitation council, and public input was received. VR is currently making necessary changes to field procedures and tracking systems so we can deliver these services. For more information to find an office near you: (http://www.rehabworks.org/)
If you are an employer and hire people with disabilities, please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post on our website.
The James Patrick Memorial Work Incentive – Personal Attendant Services & Employment Assistance Program (JP-PAS) was created by the Florida Legislature to help working adults with significant disabilities obtain and maintain competitive and integrated employment. The program provides a monthly reimbursement to eligible individuals to help offset the cost of the personal care assistance they rely upon to help with daily activities.JP-PAS Flyer (PDF)