Five core services:
- Advocacy Services: Individual and systems advocacy to promote positive change for and with individuals.
- Work with individuals on self-advocacy assertiveness to promote personal empowerment. Systems advocacy activities in partnership with individuals and community members to affect attitudinal and environmental change. Regional consultants available for all titles of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- US Access Board – Animations United States Access Board Animation of 2010 Standards
- Information and Referral: Provide information on any subject related to living independently with all disabilities. Refer individuals to other agencies in our network to assist in gaining independence.
- Independent Living Skills: Trained staff available with innovative approaches to performing basic tasks that lead to independence, such as budgeting, resume writing, application assistance and employment readiness.
- Peer Mentors: Peer Mentors with disabilities serve as role models to and provide moral support and creative solutions for issues of life.
- Community Transition:
- facilitate the transition of individuals with significant disabilities from nursing homes and other institutions to home and community-based residences, with the requisite supports and services
- provide assistance to individuals with significant disabilities who are at risk of entering institutions so that the individuals remain in the community, and
- facilitate the transition of youth who are individuals with significant disabilities who are eligible for individualized education programs under Section 614(d) of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (20 U.S.C. 14149d)), and who have completed their secondary education or otherwise left school, to postsecondary life.
- Communication Services: Sign Language Interpreter referral service and video relay service is available in the office for local calls.
- Assistive Technology Services: Systems to access assistive technology, peer interaction and services.
- Peer Counselors: You can also email individual peer counselors by using the Meet Our Board and Staff page.