The James Patrick Memorial Work Incentive – Personal Attendant Services & Employment Assistance Program (JP-PAS) was created by the Florida Legislature to help working adults with significant disabilities obtain and maintain competitive and integrated employment. The program provides a monthly reimbursement to eligible individuals to help offset the cost of the personal care assistance they rely upon to help with daily activities. JP-PAS Flyer (PDF)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Individuals must be employed
- May not receive SSI, SSDI or Medicaid Home and Community-based Services
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Be a Florida resident
- Must require personal assistance services for support for at least two activities of daily living, such as ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and toileting as defined in F.S. 429.0